Thursday, March 31, 2005

Puppies and babies in Finland

I took a small vacation and flew back home to Finland. When I arrived to the airport it was dark and cold, definitely not anything like in Spain. But my girlfriend was waiting for me and I felt really good being back again. The weather was already getting warmer there and we got many sunny days.





One friend had a two months old baby girl and the other kid had grown up and was running around and shouting weird words. Seemed like anywhere we went there were small babies to see.



Not much had changed in Helsinki. Some bars had new names so those were now the places everybody was going to. The construction site in Kamppi (building another shopping center and a major bus station) had got taller and the giantic hole on the ground was gone. They will be opening the underground bus terminal this autumn.

The renovated cathedral that you always see in Helsinki brochures


We are on Mannerheimintie, the main street in Helsinki.
Not that much people here in the night time? Almost looks like it was christmas.


We visited Susanna's friends, Jan and Petra, in Porvoo. They had this adorable chihuahua puppy. It was running around hyperactive and tried to bite everything. I bet I would like to buy one too if they weren't that expensive. I'm not very familiar with this old Finnish city so we went driving around to the old quarter. It is full of small wooden houses that sell clothes, jewelry and other souvenirs. The old white church is the place where many Finnish celebrities get married.


No comments: